Friday, October 3, 2014

Blog # 369 Come, Lord Jesus !

Blog # 369  Come Lord Jesus !

               Come. Lord Jesus! are the words used to conclude the Book of Revelation  and the entire Bible.  It is a beautiful prayer. 

                  Just think what it might mean to us individually and as a community living together as families, neighborhoods, or cities if Jesus were to appear as He used to come and go from Jerusalem Jericho and Bethany.  If Jesus were to come into your home this evening what would that mean to you?  What preparation would you like to make for Him?  What would you expect Him to say, and what would you say to Him?  And yet, in a very real sense Jesus already is among us by faith.

                  "Wherever two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them."  Jesus is in our homes and in our town.  "I was hungry  and you gave me to eat, sick and  you visited me, homeless and  you gave me shelter.  As long as you did it to one of these the least of my brethren you did it to me." (Mat.25: 35 - 40).

                  Knowing the existence and to some extent the meaning of these texts there is danger of forgetting them and not realizing their practical application in our everyday experience.  If we really understood and appreciated the content of  them it seems we would find ourselves seeking and finding the Lord wherever He proclaimed and promised He would be , in prayer, in the Bible, in the poor and the needy.

                    And  yet there is more.  By faith we live not only in the presence  of Jesus but through faith and Baptism united with Him in the gift of Sanctifying Grace.  "I am the vine and you are the branches.  Live on in me, as I do in  you." (Jn.15: 4,5).
       
                   Come, Lord Jesus.  Be with us and in us.   Instruct us in your ways.  Help us make your obedience goodness generosity and love live on in us.(Jn. 17: 26). Help us to fulfill in our daily lives our Father's will and plan of holiness and salvation.  Thank you, Jesus! Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment