Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blog # 18 The road of life

A friend recently sent me something indicating several things people had said they learned along the road of life. Here are some of them: "I learned that I like my teacher better because she cries when we sing Silent Night".(Age 6). "I learned that just when I get my room the way I like it Mom makes me clean it up again."(Age 12) "I learned that when you want to cheer yourself up you should try cheering someone else up".(Age14). " I learned that sometimes silent company is more healing than words of advice." (Age24). "I learned that if someone says someting unkind about me I must live so that no one will believe it." (Age30). "I leaned that there are people who love you deeply but just do not know how to show it." (Age42). "I learned that singing Amazing Grace can lift my spirits for hours." (Age 49). "I learned you can tell a lot about a man by the way he handles three thing: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Chrismas tree lights." (Age51). "I learned that keeping a vegetable garden is worth a medicine cabinet full of pills."(Age52). "I learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance." (Age62). "I learned that you should not go through life with a catcher's mit on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back."(Age 64). "I learned that whenever I decide something with kindness I usually make the right decision." (Age 66). "I learned that everyone can use a prayer." (Age72). "I learned that even when I have pains I do not need to be one." (Age82). "I learned that I still have a lot to learn." (Age 92). "I learned that happiness tends to be contagious, and that makes me happy." (Ageless.) Love, Fr. Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment